The ingredients of male/penis enhancement pills determine how they work and how effective they are. Each brand offers a different blend of herbal and natural ingredients in their pill or capsule, but a key component in all male enhancement pills are herbs that stimulate and improve blood flow in the whole body in general, and especially in the sex organs. The explanation for that is because blood is what fills the penis creating an erection during sexual arousal, so increased blood flow leads to bigger and stronger erections.
There are several herbs used in traditional medicine worldwide for the purpose of enhancing the circulatory system and increasing blood flow. Such herbs usually contain natural chemicals that work to relax and dilate blood vessels, which is the main effect of the stronger, short-lived ED prescription drugs; like Viagra. But, unlike prescription medications, the herbal supplements take longer to kick in and you may have to wait for a few days after the initial use to start noticing improvement. The upside is that results obtained from herbal products last much longer and some benefits can be fairly permanent.
In addition to improving blood influx, penis pills also boost sexual libido, stamina and energy. Some products can as well enhance sperm production and treat premature ejaculation. The following is a list of some of the most widely-used ingredients found in different penis enhancement pills together with the effects that can be obtained from each.
This plant is commonly known as oat. The oat straw extract is used for male enhancement as it increases the levels of the male hormone (testosterone) in the blood. The result is increased sexual sturdiness and drive.
This is a vine that grows in some Asian countries. The extract from the root is effective for:
- Treatment of erectile dysfunction.
- Boosting male sexual vitality.
This is a bark extract that is popular in traditional Brazilian medicine. It is used for:
- Curing impotence in men.
- Intensifying sexual arousal through its natural aphrodisiac properties.
This hot fruit is a worldwide popular culinary herb, but what many don’t know about it is that it can spice up your sex life as well. Its main effect on male sexuality is helping make erections more powerful by dilating blood vessels, which allows for more active blood flow. It’s also believed to help stimulate tissue growth and regeneration, which in turn helps with penis enlargement.
This is a fungus that grows in China and is used in many herbal supplements. Some of its known effects include:
- Stimulates testosterone production = increased libido and stamina.
- Improves sperm count and quality.
- Fights aging and boosts energy.
A chemical that is made by the body and also found in some foods. Mainly used for:
- Treating some heart problems and depression, which are common causes of sexual dysfunction.
- Increasing the body energy levels and muscle mass.
The root of this plant has been used as an aphrodisiac in traditional medicine. It helps men restore sexual energy and desire quicker.
The seeds of this herb are used to make medicine. The extract has these effects:
- A strong antioxidant that combats some of the effects of aging, keeping your body strong and healthy for sexual activity.
- Promotes sperm health and motility.
This is a wild shrub native to Mexico and Central America. The leaf is used as an aphrodisiac in herbal supplements. Its effects include:
- Works as an aphrodisiac and antidepressant.
- Boosts physical energy and stamina.
This herb is also known as Horny Goat Weed. It is widely used in Chinese medicine to improve sexual performance. Its key effects are:
- Increased blood flow making erections bigger and stiffer.
- Boosted libidinal energy leading to more intense orgasms.
The extract from this tree’s leaves provides a few benefits that include:
- Relieves depression and fatigue; two common causes for sexual dysfunction in men.
- Enhances the circulatory system for better penile and overall health.
The berry of this plant has the following medicinal effects:
- Improves circulation by relaxing blood vessels, which results in more blood flow to the penis and better erections.
- Reduces anxiety, which is a common cause of ED.
An essential amino acid naturally found in food and also artificially manufactured. Effects in men:
- Helps dilate blood vessels allowing for increased blood flow. More blood = larger erections.
- Enhances male fertility.
This chemical is normally made and used in the body. It has some medicinal uses that include:
- Increasing penile girth (thickness) due to better blood influx.
- Stepping up sexual desire and pleasure.
- Improving the production of the growth hormone (HGH) in the body.
This is an amino acid that is found in certain foods. It helps with:
- Remedying early ejaculation.
- Enhancing cardiovascular health, leading to healthy sexual functions.
This plant naturally grows in Peru. Its root is used in traditional medicine for the many health benefits it provides, which include:
- Improving fertility in men by increasing sperm count and motility.
- Upgrading sexual libido.
Also known as Bitter Melon, this plant contains a chemical that works to reduce blood sugar levels. It also helps cut down the fat in the body. The result is elevated levels of testosterone in the body, which leads to improved sexual performance.
This plant is also called Potency Wood. The extract from its bark has the following effects:
- Traditionally used to treat erectile dysfunction.
- Jacks up sexual appetite.
This is a form of Vitamin B3 found in many foods. Some male enhancement supplements have it because some studies have shown it can help men with difficulty in getting or maintaining a full erection.
Panax (Red) Ginseng
The root of the Panax ginseng plant is widely used in traditional medicine, especially in Asian cultures. Among its manifold uses, it is used in penis pills for the following effects it has in men:
- Treats erectile dysfunction (ED).
- Increases erection hardness and fullness.
- An aphrodisiac that improves libido.
Used in folk medicine for thousands of years. As regards male sexuality, it improves blood circulation and thus helps men overcome erection problems (ED).
The fruit (berry) of this plant is popularly used for the following purposes:
- Promotes relaxation which is necessary for proper erectile function.
- Boosts sexual desire.
The bark of this tree has been used in traditional Indian Ayurvedic medicine for thousands of years. It acts as a heart tonic and circulation booster, thereby it has positive effects on sexual performance.
This plant is also called Puncture Vine because its fruit has sharp spines. It can help men with the following:
- Improves erectile function.
- Increases sex drive.
- Stops premature ejaculation.
This is an essential vitamin for the body that is found in many foods and natural supplements. As far as penile health is concerned, here’s what Vitamin E can help with:
- Increasing blood flow, which translates into bigger and harder erect penis size.
- Improving sperm quantity, quality and motility.
- Heightening the desire for sex.
The extract from this tree’s bark is commonly used in penis enhancement pills. It contains a chemical called yohimbine, which helps produce larger erections and treat ED as it stimulates increased blood flow and nerve impulses to the penis.
This mineral is essential for the human body to function properly. It also plays an important role in male sexual health as it helps with the production and maintenance of sperm.